Monday, August 01, 2005

Julie Wonka

Oh. My. God. Yesterday Julie, Julia, and I went to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and I am so so happy I went to see it with the one and only Julie Wonka. The FACES Johnny Depp makes were stolen directly from my good friend and colleague Julie Jung. Charlie: Do you remember the first piece of candy you ate? The face! Any mention of Willy's dad: the face on that Depp boy! When we got out to the parking lot, I asked for a replay but she couldn't do it on command. Boy, department meetings are going to be interesting this semester.

My favorite moment: during the scene when they're whooshing along on the boat on the wonderfully rich river of chocolate, Julia leans over and says, "It's like a log flume." On my other side, Julie leans over and says, "It's like a bowel." Both equally in awe.

3 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Blogger susansinclair said...

Y'know, I think Julie might've interviewed for a job at my old school years back. Don't remember any funny faces. Just a smart, nice person.

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger senioritis said...

Does this post mean (a) you have DSL at home now? (b) That you went into the office on a summer day? (c) That you have found an Internet cafe in Bloomington? (d) None of the above?

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger aerobil said...

c) I was working at Panera with free WiFi. And eating a yummy chicken caesar salad. DSL won't be ready until freakin' next week. ARGH. Right now I'm in the office trying to get a course pack together for my social class grad course. But the air conditioning works really well here. yay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home