Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I got nuthin'

I feel very empty of blog content these days. Every time I think of something I might write on here, two seconds later I think it's a) stupid or b) too long and involved for me to have the patience to write it. But I have been writing three days a week. It's going. Yesterday Cheryl asked me what's different about writing this book vs. writing the dissertation. My answer: I actually know the argument that runs through the entire thing. Better yet, I can articulate that argument.

So, here's a list of things that fall into no particular category:

1. The skin on my right index finger is going to be non-existent by the time I finish writing chapter 1.

2. I can see how I will very easily get addicted to Scramble. Good thing my work computer won't let me download the apps that it and Scrabulous require.

3. It was so damn cold this morning that Belly didn't wanna go outside to go pot. I don't blame her. It just ain't right.

4. We lost one of Belly's boots last night. They're camoflauge, so kinda hard to find. I'm thinking the next pair will be safety orange. I know, I know, the squirrels will see her coming this way, but that's the price we gotta pay, I guess.

5. S. had an MRI yesterday and the Xanax they gave him to lessen his anxiety knocked him out for the entire day. I want some o' that.

6. Teaching a 9:00 class and then a 3:00 class on the same day requires a large-o cup o' coffee at about 2:00. Refresh!

7. I think Wrigley's starting to grow on the Belly Girl. But don't tell her I said that.

2 Comments:

At 7:39 AM, Blogger susansinclair said...

Wow--you can actually see the whole argument? Is this a developmental thing, d'ya think, or is it the nature of that disserto-beast?

I must confess that when I was cleaning out Maddie's stuff, I saved her valium. Bad Susan. Not that I've taken any, but now I know that if fireworks or thunder scare me, I've got some relief handy.

 
At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, let's get the MRI story out in the open. I had an MRI for my lower back in 2002, & it was no problem. In 2005, my doctor wanted me to have one on my brain. I thought it wouldn't be an issue, but the one they had at the hospital was really small. Because I'm pretty broad-shouldered, they had to literally wrap sheets around my arms very tight & then shove me into the tube. Needless to say, I was freaking out. I swore I would never go through that again, so when I was told to get one recently, I tried to get my MRI in one of the open machines. However, the open MRI's in town don't have the software to do brains & my new stupid Health Insurance (don't EVEN get me started) won't pay for one at the place up in Chicago. My primary doctor down here gave me enough Xannax to knockdown an elephant, so I thought it would help, which it did, but yesterday is still pretty much a blur. I also found out yesterday during one of my few moments of being awake that the hospital has a brand new MRI machine that isn't as small, & they give you headphones & goggles to watch TV (although I was drifting in & out of consciousness the entire time). Also, the MRI in 2005 took about an hour & 15 minutes (plus, there was something wrong with the CD player, so all I had to listen to was the loud noise from the machine), while this one only took about 35 minutes.

S.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home