Thursday, December 23, 2004

I thought I left Syracuse...

Okay, so it's not as though I thought I'd be moving to southern California when I moved to the middle of Illinois. But I did think I was leaving Syracuse behind. Today's forecast: high of 9 with windchill factors, and I quote, "well below zero." Tonight: windchills at 15 below. Tomorrow: more of the same.

Lest I somehow find myself back in Syracuse, I'd better point out that there are two big big differences between there and here: 1. The sun is shining on this bitter cold; 2. Ain't no snow to be seen for miles.

The only antidote: baking with good friends. Today's agenda: gingerboys and gingergirls, sugar cookies shaped like the snowmen we can't make outside, and sprinkle-covered snowflakes. Yum. Plus, Belly's boyfriend Tucker, a four-year-old golden, is coming over too.

Life is good.

1 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger Jonathan Benda said...

My sympathies. Here it's in the low 60s, but it's really humid and the wind is blowing so hard that it feels like the 40s--indoors.

Are Belly and Tucker going to be eating the cookies? :-q

 

Post a Comment

<< Home