Sunday, April 24, 2005

fears for today, April 24, 2005

1. I've forgotten how to write.
2. I don't remember how to write stuff that matters (i.e., stuff that gets me tenure).
3. My dog will never use her yard again because she's so afraid of the goddamn seven kids who live next door. Seven kids. In a ranch. Only a wee bit larger than mine. Christ.
4. I won't find a two-bedroom apt that takes dogs and isn't surrounded by four hundred children.
5. I'll keep reading Trauma and Recovery and will never sleep well again.
6. One day I'll be 500 pounds.

3 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately for dog owners, a lot of people have the same complaints about dogs as they do about children (they're loud, they're messy, they're not nearly as cute as their "handlers" think they are). Hence, regulations against dogs (although unfortunately -- and unfairly -- it's illegal to refuse to rent to someone based on the size of their brood). I, of course, would rather live next to any number of (non-attack) dogs any day than even one child.

Of course, Belly *is* as cute as you think she is :)

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger aerobil said...

Thanks, Heather. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks Belly is beauteous....and this coming from a cat person, no less. You're gonna be around for Mary's post-commencement partay, right?

 
At 5:40 AM, Blogger senioritis said...

Beloved Partner thinks Belly is a stunningly gorgeous dog.

About having dogs next door: my niece lives in Harpers Ferry, WV, a very old town, and in her neighborhood, the yards are behind the houses but not between them. Which means the houses stand shoulder to shoulder. And her new next-door neighbors hold wrestling matches in the back yard. And they not only have pit bulls but breed them.

All of which is to say, everybody's got their neighbor nightmares. At least you & Belly don't wrestle in the back yard, dontcha know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home