Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Bewitched

If you loved the show as a kid, you'll love the movie. I smiled the whole way through, even as I recognized that I was able to turn off the analysis switch in my head (of course, acknowledging that you're turning off the analysis switch means you've probably started to do some analysis and caught yourself). Turning off the analysis switch is a very hard thing to do, but Bewitched is such a happy, fun, sweet movie that it was relatively easy. Endora was terrific and Uncle Arthur killed me. And, I gotta say, Will Farrell was perfectly cast. Nicole Kidman will be known for her nose--in this and in The Hours--forever.

The best thing I can say about it, though, is that it paid beautiful homage to Samantha, aka Elizabeth Montgomery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home