Thursday, August 25, 2005

depression sells

Metablogging: My readership more than doubled from Tuesday to Wednesday. On Tuesday I wrote about first-day jitters and Chuck roasting himself in the sun. On Wednesday I wrote about how I was feeling down about things in general as a result, I think, of too much of those first-day jitters. Depression. We like reading about it in others? Makes us feel better about our own issues? I dunno. I'm just stating an empirical fact.

Don't you just love the retort, "I'm just sayin." That's what I'm doing here, I'm just sayin.

2 Comments:

At 9:40 PM, Blogger Jonathan Benda said...

You know, my Bloglines subscriptions just doubled, too. I have a feeling someone in the SUWP is assigning our blogs as class readings or something(???) Yours might be for a class called "Writing about Depression" and mine is "Writing about donuts and Dr. Pepper"... (Hah!)

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger aerobil said...

hmmm...I've always wanted to be required reading....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home