Sunday, August 21, 2005

I'm ready

School starts tomorrow, though I have a Tuesday/Thursday schedule, so I really start on Tuesday. I was reading back through my blog because I remember writing something about wanting to get lots of writing done over the summer. I think I can safely say I accomplished that goal, but just for the record, here's what I've done:

1. Revised an article that was accepted for publication. Thank the lord above that thing's off my list because it might have killed me if I'd had to work on it any longer.
2. Drafted a book prospectus with a killer title. Student Authorship in Composition: The Production and Politics of Belief.
3. Drafted an essay with Ron Fortune on literary forgery and whole-text plagiarism. That also has a killer title, but I can't remember it off the top of my head.
4. Became a faculty editor for Young Scholars in Writing, which involves working with students and their texts.

Not bad, not bad at all. Plus I moved, took a two-week trip to Massachusetts and New York, painted lots of pottery, had a bunch of parties, made new friends at the dog park, and made lots of progress in the mental health department. Not to mention losing a pants size and cutting out Diet Coke from my diet. And sugar. No more sugar for this girl.

I'm so excited about my social class grad course, as are most of the students signed up for it. And I'm anxious to get back to teaching first-year students. I'm exactly at the point where I need more interaction with people and ideas. And so a new school year begins.

1 Comments:

At 9:56 PM, Blogger susansinclair said...

Have fun at school, dear, and play well with others!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home