Monday, October 31, 2005

happy pumpkin day

The one Halloween joke I tell every year, and it never gets old:

Why can't ghosts have babies?
Because they have hollow weenies.

Good lord. I'm too much.

We're not turning on the porch light tonight because a) Annabelle would steal all the candy from the kids and scare the shit out of them; and b) I don't have any candy in the house and if I did, I'd eat it all before the kids came anyway.

So I'll sit in the dark like an old lady who lives alone with her ferocious dog.

Or, we'll go for a walk and steal candy that way. More likely.

7 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Blogger Jack said...

I ate most of the candy I bought for the kids...now they're only getting dum dums.

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger susansinclair said...

Here in NJ, folks would probably think you're a pedophile, 'cuz sex offenders are legally prohibited from a) going out between 3pm and sometime tomorrow morning, and II) answering the door when trick-or-treaters ring the bell.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger aerobil said...

Nice, Schmoozin, real nice.

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger senioritis said...

We had 250 trick-or-treaters tonight. A new record, I think.

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger aerobil said...

any yummies leftover for your friends in Illinois?

 
At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't turn on the light 'cause I don't have candy OR the energy to pretend like I care that little Suzie is dressed up like Madonna circa 1980 (or whatever kids are going as these days). Although. . . the no-porch light rule is screwing with my dinner plans b/c I can turn on the light for the Chinese food dude. Feh.

 
At 4:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

halloween,schmalloween. Light or no light..7 yrs and not a single witch or small person dressed in dad's old fatigues. Fine with me. Went out for sushi- THEN realized I ACCIDENTALLY left the light on AND the dogs were outside. We figured there would be a summons on the door when we got home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home