Tuesday, October 25, 2005

teaching nightmare in October?

Huh? I'm only supposed to have teaching nightmares in January and in July, the months before I begin teaching new classes. Well, last night's was a doozy. I don't feel rested.

I'm a half hour late for my 101 class. I'm at the media center trying to check out a TV/VCR combo, except I'm trying to explain that I need a DVD player, not a VCR. It's going to cost me $20, they tell me. I'm not paying $20 to show my class The Breakfast Club, I say to myself. The Breakfast Club? In 101? WTF? So I get on my bike to get back to class and I'm suddenly in some HUGE European city and I can't find my way back to campus. I stop a random guy and ask to use his cell phone so I can call my class and tell them to start writing something (anything) until I get there. Except he doesn't have his cell phone, so I follow him to get it and it's even more out of my way and as I'm following him on my bike I fall face first into a huge puddle.

If I had stayed asleep longer, it probably would've turned out that the guy whose cell phone I was trying to use was a serial killer luring me back to his dungeon.

4 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Blogger Jonathan Benda said...

The Breakfast Club is OK, but I always prefer Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Does a great job of setting the tone for the semester...

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger susansinclair said...

Hmmmm...are you suggestion, o native speaker, that by showing FBDO, one will always look more impressive, teaching-wise, than the US history teacher?

Bueller?

Anyone?

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger Jonathan Benda said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:36 AM, Blogger Jonathan Benda said...

Sorry--didn't have time to make a correction. Actually, Ben Stein played the economics teacher... at any rate, I often feel like him rather than superior to him! *Sigh*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home