Friday, October 07, 2005

In Her Shoes

Girls' night out tonight. First up: In Her Shoes, the new chick flick with Cameron Diaz and Toni Collette. Cute, sweet, tearing a bit at the heartstrings. All in all, a good way to begin a Friday night.

Then we went out to a bar, the three of us. And the people-watching alone made it a blast. In some ways, I felt like I was in high school again because, boy, we can turn petty after a few beers. But I laughed a lot, I made a new friend, and I laughed a lot. Did I mention that I laughed a few times?

It's been a very long time since I've been out to a bar with the girls, I gotta say. But the perspective it provided me: Excellent. Healthy. Good.

Conclusion, based on the movie and the bar: life is really all about a very simple human desire to connect. To know and to be known. That's what we're all after.

For that, your deep thought of the night: you owe me fifty cents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home