Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I'll probably forget to GET the mail

I've written before about Belly eating the mail as it flies through the slot in the door onto the living room floor. This behavior has not abated despite my complete and total avoidance of the issue. On days when we happen to be out of the house when the mail comes, I breathe a sigh of relief. On Sundays I even open the shades in the front of the house (the other 6 days I figure I can at least spare the mail carrier the sight of the big black beast who wants to bite his/her head off).

Yesterday was a typical day. Teach in the morning/early afternoon, come home, check phone messages, check mail, go to the dog park. The mail consisted of two things--a J.Jill catalog (from whom I no longer buy anything) and a flyer for C's. Both had bite marks. It was only much later that day--in the evening, in fact--that I discovered ON MY BED a piece of mail that Belly had had an especially good time with. It was an advertisement for some random teaching program and the ad included a CD. Well, the CD was in six or seven pieces in the plastic casing. The last straw, so they say.

Now, in addition to the "No Soliciting" sign on my front door (it was there when I moved in and I have no problem with that sentiment) there's a little note taped to the door slot: "Please leave mail between doors. Dog eats it. Thank you. AR"

1 Comments:

At 12:39 AM, Blogger Michael Lasley said...

So Belle has become anti-social and the mail-eating has become out of control. Sure signs of missing Uncle Mikey. Have you tried reading some Cultural Geography to her. That always calmed her down, plus challenged her intellectually. Mikey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home