Tuesday, September 19, 2006

fluffernutters!

In Illinois, marshmallow Fluff is kept in the baking aisle. Who knew?

My students knew, that's who.

In recent weeks I've had a hankerin' for a fluffernutter sandwich, and I was sad that I couldn't find Fluff in either the peanut butter aisle or the ice cream toppings section of the two grocery stores I go to. I just figured it was an east coast thing, since I couldn't find it when I lived in Alaska, either. So I'd sadly resigned myself to PBJs instead. Deep sigh.

Yesterday before class began I asked students if they knew what a fluffernutter was. Yup. Then why don't they sell Fluff in the grocery stores? They do, said they. It's in the baking aisle. Last night I triumphantly bought two jars of Fluff at Jewel and I anxiously await lunchtime when I can indulge in a fluffernutter. I just love that word. Fluffernutter.

Yummers.

1 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Blogger susansinclair said...

Y'know, I've never had one. Gotta take care of that ASAP.

I *am* a big fan of Nutella, though. Yummy stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home