Saturday, September 16, 2006

another first for the Belly Girl

I made a big decision last night, one that I haven't made in probably a year of Saturdays: We're not going to the dog park this morning. Her foot is bothering her from the very long run she had on Wednesday and from pulling my arm out of its socket last night in order that she may better chase a bunny. So she's taking it easy today. S. and I are going to the pumpkin festival in the pumpkin capital of the world, Morton, Illinois, and I know how jealous all of you are. Pumpkin pie! Yummers. And the Belly Girl, she's going to sit and reflect on her actions the past few days and write a five-page essay about the ways she'll try to be nicer to her mommy's fragile emotions. Writing as punishment. Ah, yes, just like in the good ol' days. But unlike those good ol' days, I'll let Belly use my brand-spanking new computer, which I'm loving so so much. It's so fun to type on this keyboard I could just keep typing and typing and typing.

Last night I dreamt that I went rollerskating for 20 minutes without a bra. And when they gave me my change, instead of giving me four ones, they gave me two ones, a fifty, and a hundred-dollar bill. Perhaps I shall be receiving a windfall shortly....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home