Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Belly's halloween costume is ready

You know when you carve a pumpkin and there's the round jaggedy top part with the stem attached? Imagine that in a bright stuffed orange with a cute green stem and an orange string coming down from either side to keep it on her head. Oh. My. Good. Lord. She's gonna be the cutest doggie in the city. Well, say some, she already is the cutest dog in the city. This will be too much to bear. Stay tuned for a picture. I promise.

In other news, classes are going very well. Here's a nice thing that comes with a few years' experience teaching: connections that you hadn't necessarily planned among the readings but that were there all along waiting for you to come to them as you talk your way through them. Yeah, that was a good thing last night.

Though I'm still a bit unsure about the blogging-about-the-boy issue, I have to tell you this one small thing to give you an idea of the kind of person I'm talking about here. Let's put all of our creative juices together and call him S. After about a week of S. being really really nice to me, I started feeling the stirrings of a vague discomfort that some might know as I-don't-like-myself-enough-to-allow-this-person-to-be-so-nice-to-me. What's-wrong-with-him. So I made an appointment with my therapist, who I haven't seen in 3 months. I knew I had to talk with her about this so that I didn't push him away because at the core I don't believe I should be treated well. I told S. that I had made the appointment and his response--

His response?

S: Let me know if she wants me to come in with you so she can see us together.

6 Comments:

At 9:18 AM, Blogger susansinclair said...

Sure he's great about that. But what's he gonna say when you're torturing your dog in public in a pumpkin costume?

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Jack said...

I cannot wait to see Belly in that costume...she'll really be Halloween colors.

 
At 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BOY issue? Did you perchance mean MAN? Or does this say something about where YOU are?

Pumpkinhead? Horrors!

Shoe

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger aerobil said...

Shoe,
You're getting awfully crotchedy, no?

 
At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just run ragged--have a hospitalized spouse. But the BOY/MAN issue interested me inasmuch as you had felt you were not worthy of being loved. We are all like that--if you only knew what an awful person I am . . . I wondered if the words were unconscious.

Pumpkinhead is a character in a bunch of horror movies--I assumed you knew?

Shoe

 
At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg.

keep him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home