Sunday, August 20, 2006

what's happening to Amy the blogger?

Two days in a row with no posts. What the hay-ull?

Busy busy busy girl. Be careful what you wish for and all that lovely advice from mom. Learning more and more about how damn sarcastic I am when I have to face uncomfortable emotions. Trying hard to be aware of my methods of self-sabotage so that I don't do it. Et. cet.

Saw Little Miss Sunshine last night and absolutely devoured it. I mean DE.VOURED it. I'm no movie critic, that much we all know, but damn this was a good movie. Little Olive was just so damn sweet, and the craziness that is the Hoover family is really not all that crazy at all. They're a bunch of people whose dreams are in some way always kept out of reach, whether that dream is to be a famous motivational guru or that dream is to have something other than chicken for dinner. To be with the one you love or to get the chance to do the thing you love doing.

I'm excited about school tomorrow. I've gotta get my schoolgirl outfit and my lunch box ready. I might even iron. You heard it here first.

3 Comments:

At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm learning a bit about uncomfortable emotions these days, myself.

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Jack said...

When you say schoolgirl outfit do you mean like Catholic-school issue plaid skirt and knee highs...cause that's weird. Good luck tomorrow!

 
At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I laughed so hard at Little Miss Sunshine that I had tears rolling down my face. I loved it, and the part of the gay brother, recently defrocked from his supposed position as the country's foremost Proust scholar, was terrific. The film makes dysfunctional families seem downright utopian (well, almost)! And I loved the take on motivational speaking and 12-step programs.

If you haven't seen Little Miss Sunshine, go see it. The last scene alone is worth the price of admission. And anyone who, like me, traveled around with their family in the 60s in an old VW bus will really appreciate the road trip.

Renoguy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home