Wednesday, August 09, 2006

well now, THAT didn't take long

I'm getting rid of my land line, people. No more phone in the house. Big step for me, who only less than a month ago finally broke down and got a cell phone. But I'm so so so so sick of Verizon's fees fees fees for breathing. I've been paying them more per month for phone and DSL than I'll now be paying Insight and Nextel combined, and now I get these bonuses: more cable channels so I won't miss Nip/Tuck or The Closer or Grey's Anatomy. And I'll be able to watch the news whenever I want (never thought I'd actually miss 24-hour news stations, but when the alternative is the local news in Bloomington-Normal, um yeah, I do). And, get this, she's getting even more techno with a DVR--digital video recorder, thank you very much. So that means that, despite my FOUR-HOUR grad course on Tuesday nights, I still won't miss Nip/Tuck. Push the button and she's recording. Yippeee. And faster faster faster cable internet access. All this plus the sheer convenience of the cell phone. FOR LESS THAN I WAS PAYING VERIZON EVERY MONTH. GRRRRRR.

So buh-bye Verizon. Buh-bye. And buh-bye to my stupid cordless phones that last all of twenty minutes before beeping at me.

On today's list of things to do: Get Belly a new tag with the cell number on it. Always thinkin', that Amy, always thinkin'.

6 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Revolution.

 
At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, but wotcher gonna do when the power fails for days and you can't recharge, and wotcher gonna do when the credit card says you have to call from your home phone to activate it?

Just askin'

Shoe

 
At 6:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's always car chargers. And with credit card activation you call from your cell and they ask you a series of questions and activate your card. Most industries understand the uselessness of landlines, at this point.

 
At 6:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and Amy once you get the DVR your life will change, I'm tellin' ya.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger susansinclair said...

The good thing about the fancy new phone I got from Verizon when I re-upped this summer? It has a whole bunch of features I don't use, and a whole bunch of battery power to run those features. Ergo, the phone lasts for DAYS. And the nice salesman even pointed that out.

 
At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Landlines useless?! Hrmph.

I lament the passing of pay phones. Talk about freedom. Don't even need a phone at home. Can find a phone in a public space when you need one. Now, everything is private, private, private. . . not to mention the infernal noise of everyone blabbing on their "cells" any damn place they please . . .

But if you can stick it to verizon, well, I can't say I don't support that ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home