Saturday, August 05, 2006

a funny moment with the maternal unit

First, let me just say that my trip to Massachusetts can be characterized as a success because, drum roll.....

I didn't kill my mother. Nor did I really want to for more than five minutes at a time.

So, as everyone in the country knows, last week was HELLISHLY hot. DEVILISHLY hot. DEADLY hot. And the air conditioner at my mother's house is broken. So one morning I'm standing near the toaster feeling the sweat drip down my back as I await my cinnamon raisin English muffin. I had attempted to blow dry my hair immediately before this, so I was experiencing paroxysms from the heat, not knowing what to do with myself or how to cool myself off. I was like a caged animal, pacing and circling and going nowhere because there was nowhere to go to escape the heat.

Except, of course, my zippy little rental car.

As soon as my breakfast was ready, I said to my mom, "I'm eating this in the car."

She: Wait! I'm coming with you.

So there we sat, looking at the dilapitated garage, eating English muffins and drinking orange juice, relishing the cold air blowing our faces. Going nowhere and laughing at ourselves.

1 Comments:

At 5:37 AM, Blogger senioritis said...

So in my estimation there are a coupla other things to observe about the MA trip, in addition to your mom's survival:
• You're not stupid.
• Neither is Mom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home