Thursday, January 31, 2008

ouchers

Is there such a thing as a mild case of Munchausens? I am the biggest baby when I'm sick or when I get hurt and it's probably because I want others to feel sorry for me. I don't go MAKING myself sick or anything, I don't eat old eggs to make myself puke, but when I fell on my way to the bathroom at 1:00 this morning (god that makes me sound so. damn. old.) and Wrigley came running right to me and then frantically woke up S., I wanted S.'s immediate attention and, well, sympathy.

This is hard to get at 1 am.

I slipped on the laminate floor and landed on my left knee and elbow. There's usually a rug there, but it had moved quite a bit as a result of crazy puppies running up and down the hallway.

The knee, it hurts. Stairs are a problem. Very big scrapes, which will turn into three very big scabs, which I'll likely pick--at which point any sympathy S. may have had for me will evaporate.

P.S. Found Belly's boot last night. But I'm still thinking about safety orange for next winter.

5 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not old, you just lost your dignity, that's all. If you were old you would a) have broken your bone then fallen, as in osteoporosis, or b) done a lot more damage. The older we get, the more tender we are!

The good thing is, you didn't fall in the middle of a frozen parking lot. That's a real ego deflator!

Sorry you're feeling out of sorts.

shoe

 
At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not old, you just lost your dignity, that's all. If you were old you would a) have broken your bone then fallen, as in osteoporosis, or b) done a lot more damage. The older we get, the more tender we are!

The good thing is, you didn't fall in the middle of a frozen parking lot. That's a real ego deflator!

Sorry you're feeling out of sorts.

shoe

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger susansinclair said...

Sympathy is a wonderful thing, though you're right that a partner may not be oozing it if we wake 'em up at 1am. I'm good at faking sympathy, though, even when I'm not feeling it.

Maybe "oozing" was a bad choice in the context of scabs...

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger aerobil said...

oooh. I love it when scabs ooze.

 
At 5:53 AM, Blogger Rebecca Moore Howard said...

I hit the comments in order to say muchos sympathies, amiga. And then I saw that you & susansinclair are getting into scabs. Dang, yall.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home