Tuesday, January 18, 2005

and then she blew away...and her little dog too

Holy wind. I'm in my little house (on the prairie, yes I am) and I feel like we might blow away any minute. Soon I'm gonna look out my window and see cows and pigs flying by.

Joke of the day: What does Belly turn into when she goes outside?

A pupsicle!

I crack myself up.

In other news, I am such a sucker for the goshdarn Lifetime movie channel. Yes, indeedy, folks, television for women. I just watched We Were the Mulvaneys, based on the book by Joyce Carol Oates. I'm still weepy-eyed. If my house blows away, so too will my tissues. sniffle sniffle

On my bed are seven layers of blankets, yet at night my nose is still cold. Suggestions?

4 Comments:

At 4:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Socks. Go to the men's department of K-Mart and buy yourself several pairs of hunting socks. They're cheap, they're warm, and if your feet are warm, your nose will be, too.
Works for me!
becky

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger aerobil said...

For a minute there, I thought you were gonna tell me to put men's socks on my nose.

 
At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you try a nightcap? As in a hat, not an alcoholic beverage...

Ms. J also suffers from the cold nose, and puts her head under the covers 'til she warms up.

 
At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll vouch for the nightcap (the cotten/woolen kind), and you might even try an electric blanket. If you're one who's afraid of leaving it on, try it for 1/2 hour, and the heat will stay with you all night long!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home