Saturday, January 15, 2005

pretty sure it's just a phase

So, I slept on it, "it" being this idea of getting a cat for Belly. This after she escaped from the car last night--I was carrying grocery bags, didn't have a good grip on her leash--in order to chase the stray cats in the neighborhood. I'm now thinking this ain't such a bright idea. It'd be great if I could administer some sort of personality test before taking the cat home. If I could get a cat like Hillary's Sid Monster, I'd go for it. But what if I get a cat who just runs and hides and does not perform his function--that being, to play with Belly? I don't want a wussy cat.

What I'm figuring out: I really want another dog, but can't deal with the expense/labor/consequences for traveling, etc.

Conclusion: I'd like a cat who thinks he's a dog.

If any such cats are reading, please call Annabelle for an interview.

3 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Blogger susansinclair said...

Definitely keep sleeping on it. Think litter box. Think spit up. Think bills--food, vet, etc.

That said, you'd be best getting a kitten, so it could bond with La Belle.

That said, I think it's a lovely idea, but I'm a sucker for the fuzzy ones!

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger senioritis said...

I'm with Susan. Make it a kitten.

 
At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if the phase comes back, definitely a kitten, because they're ALL foolishly cocky and won't mind confronting a very big dog with poofy-tailed kitty bravado. to be extra sure, a kitten born in a house w/dogs. (they're usually free to a good phone call so it's not hard to inquire)

--tyra

 

Post a Comment

<< Home