Thursday, January 06, 2005

icy blades of grass

The title really says it all. On my walk with Belle this afternoon, we were both marvelling at how cool the grass looks after an ice storm. Each individual blade of grass is covered in ice so that the overall effect is like...is like...oh, if only I were better with metaphors. Let's just say it's pretty darn cool. How'd they do that? I've lived in wintry climes before, of course, but I gotta say, I've never seen anything quite like this. Belly doesn't like it, though, cuz those spiky blades of grass hurt her paws.

3 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We just had a similar experience in Lindsborg, the "Little Sweden" of Kansas. All the trees and wooden town horses were covered in ice. Never know what a gas stop will bring. Tobi

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger senioritis said...

Hi, Tobi. What the heck are you doing in Kansas, anyhow? & how the heck are you? Hey, let's hijack Amy's blog and catch up w/ each other. I'm still torturing young minds and bitching about practically everything

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger aerobil said...

I'm feeling like nothing more than a medium here.

Sigh.

Except, of cousre, we all know I'm more like a large.

tee hee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home