Wednesday, January 19, 2005

is this really my first post about Scrabble?

My good friend Susan and I are currently playing eScrabble, and I love it. It makes me happy to read my email and see that It's MY turn! And I gotta say here publicly that Susan (aka Schmoozin) has improved her game tremendously online. She stinks in person.

Kidding.

Scrabble is the closest thing I have to a hobby (if you don't count reading)--it's a hobby that requires others, and that's part of what I love about it. Some of my happiest moments in life have been experienced over a Scrabble board with Hillary, with Jennifer and Michael in Syracuse, with Tobi and Tracy, and with my new friend Julia. One of the great things about Scrabble is that it's ALWAYS a new game. Another plus: nobody gets killed.

Sometimes I get sad when I can't play. I wish Hillary could come over and we could sit and play and talk and drink too much coffee before switching to diet Coke and starting a new game.

Gotta go check my email. It might be my turn! (there's always an ! on the subject line, like it's the most exciting thing ever. I love it!)

2 Comments:

At 4:52 PM, Blogger susansinclair said...

Amy's *not* kidding! I really suck in person. But I'm learning lots of new strategies from Ms. Amy. I'm even gonna start trying 'em out in person on my S.O.

 
At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dwight and I play scrabble while watching old episodes of L&O (they're out on DVD now -- yay!). The best part? We don't keep score. I have a low tolerance for competition.

I have you bookmarked now, Amy!!

Heather S.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home