Sunday, February 06, 2005

butterblog

"butter" should be added to the list of words that are fun to say. A few days ago, I went to Culver's, a fast-food joint that is apparently famous for its butterburgers. Say it with me now. Butterburger. Doesn't that sound delicious? Put the word "butter" in front of anything and it will sound delicious. Except it was just like any other fast food burger, maybe a little bit greasier.

Butterscotch.
Nutterbutter.
Butterball.

Today I made no-bake cookies with margarine instead of butter and they are terrible. I had no butter in the house. They were stiff and not didn't hold together as well as they do with butter. To the trash they go. Put butter on the grocery list, too.

2 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Blogger susansinclair said...

I keep hearing Mike Meyer's voice in my head as he does his impression of his mother-in-law: "Like buttah!"

 
At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there ever any reason (and I mean *any* reason) to buy margarine? (I could understand it if one were vegan, but otherwise, no).

Margarine is just G-R-O-S-S. Might as well spread melted plastic on a piece of toast.

Give me atery-clogging butter any day o' the week.

Heather S.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home