Monday, January 31, 2005

and then Belly almost ate a cop

After I wrote that last post, I went to the doggie park with the girl. Run, run, run, Belly.

On the way home, I am apparently driving 47 in a 30 zone, BUT, to my credit, the 30 zone turns into a 40 zone right about where I'm pulled over. It's pretty warm out today, so I've got the back passenger side window down for the Belle, and when she sees this uniformed man coming toward the car, she lets loose. ATTACK MODE. I'm rifling through all the crap in my glove compartment looking for my registration and the cop is saying something about how he doesn't want to get bitten today. Well, mister, don't give me a ticket, and she won't bite you. No, I didn't say that, but I THOUGHT it. tee hee.

He takes my license, registration, and goes back to the car to--to do what? Basically decide if he wants to give me a ticket and risk the attack dog's wrath. She's a protective one, that girl. I check my hair in the rearview, pluck a couple white ones. I put some of the crap back in the glove compartment--tampons, batteries, napkins, handiwipes, receipts for oil changes fourteen years ago. I write a poem. Finally, he comes back, Belly yells some more, he hands me back my license and says, "Looks like there's no problem with your license." Huh? I didn't know we were checking for problems. "Do me a favor, slow down." Belly says, not quite under her breath, "Grrrrrrrr."

Annabelle's first encounter with a uniformed police officer. How sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home