Friday, January 28, 2005

L.L. Bean ROCKS!

I've had my green Bean barn coat for at least five years, and the cuffs were all frayed and one of the buttons fell off a while back; it had become my ratty coat, perfect for walking the dog. It occurred to me a couple weeks ago that L.L. Bean has a 100% lifetime guarantee on all of their products, so I called them. Sheepishly, because I felt like I was trying to get away with something, I asked if I could exchange my beloved barn coat for a new one. Turns out they don't make 'em quite the same as they did back then, but there's a mighty comparable Adirondack barn coat that would be just fine. So I shipped it off and waited.

Today I got my new barn coat in the mail and it's BRAND NEW. Well, of course, it is, you're saying. But it's just incredible that I was able to get 5 years of wear out of my green one and now, for nothing, I have a new one that will surely last at least 5 years.

It doesn't end there. I was happy happy happy about this deal, but it gets better. Apparently, I paid $129 for my green barn coat way back when. Today's Adirondack coat sells for $59. The invoice said something about a $77 credit, so I figured I'd be able to get something new and fancy from Bean's. Just to make sure I wasn't imagining things, I called them again. Asked them if perhaps I really do have a $77 credit. Nope. They've already issued me a check. A check!

Let's tally this up, shall we. I got 5 years of wear from my green barn coat. I now have a brand new barn coat. And I'm $77 richer. Where on earth do you find value like that these days? I feel like I've hit the lottery.

Buy Bean.

3 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, Blogger susansinclair said...

What color???

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger aerobil said...

It's technically "brickstone," which I imagined and which the site shows to be a rusty orange color, but which would be better described as "salmon."

 
At 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't had the time to confirm this, but a colleague told me that Bean gives money to anti-choice groups. I would hate for this to be true -- 'cause I love their stuff (even if I have to wear the biggest damn size in their pants). I don't think that I could buy from them if it were true.

Lands' End is a-okay, methinks.

Heather S.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home