Saturday, February 19, 2005

Ich gehen zu Deutschland nicht

Probably not grammatically correct, but hey, the last time I studied German I was seventeen years old.

Looks like the summer trip to Germany won't be happening, and this time it's not because I'm poor (which I am, but that's beside the point). I talked with Keita for a few hours today and it looks like they may be coming back to the states before the summer's out.

And I'd been practicing my Deutsch:

Mein kopf schmerz (for when the kids gave me a headache)
Ja! Ja! (for when the locals offered me another beer)
Nein! Nein! (for when the locals offered me another bratwurst)
Scheizkopf (for fun)

4 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Blogger susansinclair said...

My last official statement in German, during my sophomore year of college: "Ich habe diese klasse gedropt."

Oh, wait, then I had to pass that German translation exam for my MA in English. Let's just say I can do an almost-adequate rough translation of a German folktale involving some guy attempting to trap a goose using a piece of bacon fat on the end of a string...

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger aerobil said...

"gedropt!" I love it!

 
At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This surely means a trip to Colorado instead. Molly and Tali will spend the day celebrating.

 
At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This surely means a trip to Colorado instead. Molly and Tali will spend the day celebrating.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home