Sunday, February 13, 2005

if you act now, all mud is included

Dog 4 sale.
Cheap.
Fourteen thousand gallons of thick sludgy mud included with your purchase. If you act now, we'll even throw in a dog towel to get you through that first five minutes.

Note to land-people* everywhere: When you rent a house to a person with a dog, perhaps it's not the brightest idea to install beige carpeting.

I might die from sludge over here, people. [as she wipes the mud from her brow] Calgon--anyone--take me away.

*What on earth is the modern-day equivalent for a landlord? The word is so archaic.

2 Comments:

At 7:21 AM, Blogger susansinclair said...

1. I never thought about the archaic origins of that term...how about, "O blessed owner of my home, who allowest my dog & I to live here for reasonable recompense, and who will look kindly upon some small--er--damage to said home upon our departure..."

2. Mud sucks.

3. You might pick up some ugly industrial strength carpet runner from your local BigBox Hardware Store, where it's purchasable by the foot.

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger susansinclair said...

Oh, and for Belly: Wipe you feet girl! Keep those feets clean, and maybe your Person will make you some of those peanut butter cookies from my sister's recipe...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home