Saturday, February 12, 2005

I'm prophetic, but about the strangest things

Last night I dreamt that a very ugly, even disfigured, yellow dog was running by me and peed on me as I stood there. I was in a bathing suit (good lord help us all) and I was desperately trying to find a shower, but the party was about to begin (don't ask me what party--not really sure), so I had to go, pee and all.

Just got back from the dog park, in real life. Cooper, one of Annabelle's playmates, is a very good boy. A yellow lab mutt, he looks good with the girl. Cooper peed on my shoe! For no good reason!

Okay, this has nothing to do with being prophetic, but it has to do with dogs. There's this guy who's ALWAYS there with his boxer, Penny. He's always yelling at her. "Penny, no! Pennnny! No! No!" These are the only words I've heard out of his mouth. Until today. I was up close when he was having a little chat with Penny. "When I tell you no, I mean no. What is wrong with you? Don't you know that when you eat things like that [grass, people, grass] it hurts you? Why do you think you get sick every morning? You've got to listen to me." Whew! Logic, well, it doesn't really work with our beloved four-legged creatures.

One more thing: On the way back from the dog park, Belly had her head out the window, as always (did I mention it's in the 50s today? yay!). When we were at a stop sign a block from our house, she saw the mail carrier and began yelling at her. The mail carrier shook her head and said she's glad Annabelle's back. She had seen me walking up and down the street on Tuesday blubbering, calling for my girl. We love the Belly, loud mouth and all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home