Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Oh my god, I AM psychic

I might just begin to be afraid of my dreams from this point on. Last week it was the dog peeing on me, and I couldn't find a shower anywhere, so I had to go to the party smelling like pee. Then a few nights later I had another dream in which I couldn't get to the shower. Make that three, because last night, in addition to the teeth falling out, I had another dream in which I couldn't get to the shower.

Christ.

Today the gas man shows up at my door to tell me he's shutting off my gas. Where I come from, I told him, gas and electric are taken care of by the same company, and nobody ever told me when I moved in here that gas was separate. Holy jesus. Apparently the gas company has been providing gas for me since August without billing me. And now they're apparently fed up and have shut me off. Usually takes a couple days to get it all worked out, they tell me. Which means, among other things, that I can't take a shower tomorrow! Well, technically, I could, but a freezing cold shower. Never mind the whopping six-month bill I'm going to be getting. Shoot me now.

Just when I think I can finally pay all my bills next month, this happens. I quit. This is one of those days when it really is all uphill. And that hill is freakin' covered in cold snow. I'm gonna freeze to death, people.

2 Comments:

At 5:18 PM, Blogger susansinclair said...

Wait--*they* fail to bill you, and you get cut off? Soooooo obnoxious. Really. Make sure they arrange a payment schedule for you for the back amount.

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger aerobil said...

Well, see, I never put the bill in my name, so how could they bill me? It doesn't really matter who's at fault, the end result is that my poor raggedy, bloody, skinless hands are cold as I type this. Sigh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home