Sunday, March 20, 2005

a reflection on the big city

Any big city. I'm not a city girl. I guess I always kind of knew that, but this aging process I'm going through has solidified this knowledge.
  1. Cities are lonely places. So so so many people make me feel even more alone than when I'm all by myself.
  2. Cities offer too much incoming sensory stimulation. I'm exhausted just thinking about it. The constant noise. Ugh.
  3. Cities make me feel as though I'm always missing out on something (which is, of course, an issue I should be talking about with a shrink and not necessarily blogging). No matter what I choose to do, there are fifteen million other things I could be doing. That could make any sane control freak nuts.
  4. Cities confirm that there are too many people in the world.
  5. I didn't see enough dogs in this big city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home