Thursday, April 07, 2005

heartbreak

My dear friend Julia is going through hell right now, and I feel so helpless to make her feel better. Her beloved doggie, Hudson, age 8, has cancer. She might not make it, and if she does, it will be for a short time, I imagine. It happened so suddenly. Hudson had been particularly clingy for a week or so and had refused to eat, but Julia figured she wasn't eating because she'd recently changed the dog food. She brought her in to the vet yesterday and right away she had to make the decision to either euthanize her or send her into surgery. She sent her into surgery. They found a cancerous mass on her spleen. The mass had exploded. Her kidneys are failing.

Hudson is her bear, her Cha Cha, her Bright Eyes, her lovey girl. Hudson is her best friend, her rock, her baby. Hudson is Julia's heart.

My heart is breaking for my dear friend.

2 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Blogger senioritis said...

How very hard. Love to both Julia and Hudson.

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger susansinclair said...

That's such a hard situation. I'm sure you and Belly will give them lots of love and support.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home