Tuesday, June 28, 2005

If Tom Cruise were in charge...

...imagine the suicides that wouldn't have been prevented. Imagine.

If Tom Cruise were in charge, I would've never
1. had the guts to try teaching
2. gone back to get my MA, never mind my PhD
3. lived past the age of 25.

What I'd love to see because there's still a part of me that's vengeful: Tom Cruise suffering from post-partum depression. Wait? Not gonna happen? Oh well, then, in that case, he's got every right to denounce Brooke Shields for being smart enough and brave enough to speak out about it. There's a celebrity people should be listening to, a person who might encourage women to seek help when they need it.

I used to love Tom Cruise because he was such a hunk. It always surprises and delights me when a person's personality demonstrates so clearly that it really is what's inside that counts. Tom Cruise is an ugly person.

7 Comments:

At 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loathe Tom Cruise. But then, I was never a fan of those all-American, toothy types. It's really rich that he's criticizing something by calling it pseudo-science. I mean, isn't he a Church of Scientology cult member?

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger susansinclair said...

I regret thinking he was so damn cute in his early movies. It's not just that he disagrees with modern psychology (hell, I disagree with a lot of modern psychology), it's that he's such a prick about it. Grrrr.

Thank the goddess for Paxil.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger senioritis said...

Has anyone seen the movie where he is a samurai saving Japan?

BTW, Tom may be loathsome, but a Certain Journal recognizes that aerobil is a genius. I'm just sayin.

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger susansinclair said...

She is indeed a Big Potato. And as I told her last night, I'd be lucky to be a tiny sprout on the Big Potato of her career!

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger aerobil said...

Uh, Schmoozin, I believe the metaphor you used was "an eye" on the Big Potato that I am.

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger susansinclair said...

But, the sprout comes out of the eye. So I was giving myself a bit of growth, there. Ha.

 
At 7:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, there are those who don't find Tom Cruise endearing??? I have found my place! hahaha Not that I was ever a real fan, but it is amazing to see what he is REALLY like, and what I see I don't like.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home