Thursday, August 04, 2005

Betty Crocker, she ain't

Oat bran muffins. Yummmmmy. Julia brought me some homemade oat bran muffins last weekend when I had just moved into my new place, and they were just the thing for a yummy mid-morning snack. And healthy healthy. Whole grains and all. So I asked her for the recipe and proceeded to make some last night. I added blueberries for yumminess effect. Well, like a ding dong,* I was using not oat bran but simply oats. There was nothing to hold the "batter" together, but I baked them anyway and, well, they turned out like very small portions of baked blueberry oatmeal. Not half bad. But not blueberry oat bran muffins.

Today's grocery list: oat BRAN, blueberries.

*Becky would correct me here and call me a ding ding. Pshaw.

2 Comments:

At 6:26 AM, Blogger senioritis said...

So, ding-ding, are you going to post the recipe? Hel-loooo!

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger aerobil said...

Check the back of the box of Quaker Hot oat bran cereal for the real muffin recipe. For the baked blueberry oatmeal, it's just like the Quaker recipe except with OATS not bran. I'd post it, but I'm at Panera and they might not appreciate the competition. ha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home