Saturday, August 06, 2005

normal

Life is normal again. I've got my DSL hooked up and I'm sitting in the comfort of my own new home as I write this. The one thing I've discovered in this is that I really like working at Panera. Indeed, it shall become my fall semester writing place. M, W, F 9-12 I'll be there.

The party last night was a lot of fun. We played silly games and laughed a lot and even Annabelle got a housewarming gift from Cynthia and Joel: a big bag of Greenies. I didn't get to bed until after 1:00, which is way late for me, and I got up early to go to the farmers's market, so I am one tired girl. Tonight I'm staying in and reading.

One more thing worth mentioning: I'm currently reading Julie's book, Revisionary Rhetoric, Feminist Pedagogy, and Multigenre Texts, and I'm loving it--and not just because her real name is Julie Wonka. Strange that I have to read her book to realize that we have a lot of disciplinary interests in common, but I guess we've been too busy talking dogs and chocolate and therapy to really get into our common interests. We've just taken them for granted. Could I possibly be at a better place than here in the middle of cornfields? I think not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home