Friday, August 26, 2005

This morning I noticed wrinkles around my eyes

Thursdays this semester might just end up being the death of me. If I thought Tuesday was tiring, talking for 3 hours straight, yesterday I was talking for six, and the subject matter got increasingly complex as I went. I start with 101 at 2:00, move to juniors and seniors in my rhetoric class at 3:35, and then go to my grad course from 5:30-8:30. By the time I get home, I'm tired but wired from all that stimulation and I can't settle down. So Belly and I took a walk and then I was on the phone until 11:30. Still wired, though. Didn't sleep well at all. And I'm no longer a successful nap-taker, so today will be interesting.

Then, horror of horrors! I noticed fresh wrinkles around my left eye this morning. I tried to wipe them away with a facecloth, but no luck. Shit shit shit. I'm only 32, people. The white hairs, left to their own devices, would age me at least five years. And now this.

Good thing I'm coming to terms with being an adult and all, because methinks I officially look like one.

5 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Blogger Jonathan Benda said...

If you think of them as "smile lines", it's not so bad... ;)

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger senioritis said...

Your new best friend = Christian Dior Wrinkle Eye Creme. Gotta love it.

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger susansinclair said...

And if you can't bring yourself to spend the Big Bucks on Mr. Dior, may I recommend the top o' the line Oil of Olay products? Truly worth it.

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger aerobil said...

keep in mind, dear readers: the 33rd birthday is indeed coming up... :)

 
At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here I thought those eye specific products were just hype. Are they really, truly worth it?? I may have to get some. No one told me that going to grad school would give me wrinkles, yet every day I'm finding more myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home