Tuesday, November 01, 2005

sugar. crash. dark.

First, the sugar. I lied about not buying any Halloween candy. At the last minute, I stopped at Walgreen's and bought KitKats just in case. Then I felt bad for the poor little kiddies because it was raining and that doesn't make for a fun night of begging. And I ate a lot of chocolate. Haven't eaten that much chocolate in a long time and my body didn't quite know what to do. So it crashed.

Crash. I watched it on Sunday night. I felt manipulated. It was moving in parts, yes, but some of it just wasn't believable. Like the part with Sandra Bullock hugging her maid and telling her she's the only friend she has. A bit over the top. I mean, I can understand her feeling that she has no true friends, but then the maid? Come on. She didn't change that quickly. Maybe I was just expecting too much from it because I'd heard so many shocking things. I wasn't shocked. The part I did like was Don Cheadle's opening lines about people being so desperate for human contact that they crash into one another to get a reaction. That I can understand.

Ah, the darkness and the demons who live inside Amy. They get a bit more persistent when daylight savings time ends and I leave school at 5:00 and it's just about dark. I'll be used to it in a week or so, but for now I'm kinda sad.

Plus this morning I dropped my mascara brush on my cream-colored sweater. That's because it's getting dark out earlier. Post hoc ergo propter hoc.

And in the Annabelle department: she has officially regressed. She had, a few months ago, graduated from having to wear her pinch collar every time we took a walk. Well, how do you un-graduate? In Belly's case, you put the pinch collar back on the end of the leash and you save your mommy's shoulder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home