Thursday, February 09, 2006

something of a recurring nightmare, Batman

In last night's dream, I had given birth to a tiny baby boy I decided to name Daniel. I was at Wal-Mart, for chrissakes, searching for tiny socks and onesies because apparently nobody had given me a baby shower and I was not at all prepared for this tiny beast.

And all I kept thinking as this dream was happening was that I wanted my old life back. And then I was thinking that all new mothers go through that initial period when they want their own life back and I'd eventually come to love this thing called motherhood.

Then I woke up before I could start that appreciation thing. Thank christ.

2 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Blogger susansinclair said...

I like to think dreams of babies and childbirth are about creativity and new projects. So maybe you're having some difficult feelings about that Big Project? Hmmmm... (says Dr Freud)

 
At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dont worry, if it ever happens you can count on the goat whispers for a baby shower.... what are friends for,,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home