Tuesday, April 11, 2006

in this house we've got one Eeyore and one Piglet

I went to the doctor yesterday for two reasons: a) to meet him because I had to switch primary care doctors because my other guy is leaving (I don't think squeezing Clara had anything to do with it, but one never really can tell); and b) to talk to him about upping my meds. He asks me to describe my depressive symptoms.

Me: Hopelessness, sadness, self-pity, just get into bed and if something goes wrong, just shoot me.

He: So you're an Eeyore rather than a Piglet.

Me: Piglet's depressed?

He: Well, Piglet's got anxiety disorder.

Me: I love it: a Piglet or an Eeyore.

He: You really didn't know about that?

Apparently, each of the Winnie-the-Pooh characters is a psychological personality type. Piglet's got anxiety disorder, Eeyore's the apathetic depressive, Tigger's got ADD.

Me: What's Pooh?

He: Pooh's just normal.

Me: Surrounded by a bunch of freaks.

The new med he gave me for a 3-week trial would not be good for the Piglets of the world, but for the Eeyores, we might be making some progress.

Now Belly's got another nickname. Piglet Wiglet. She's quite the little worrier, she is she is.

4 Comments:

At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pwheeet!

no. I repeat no. to the psychologizing of my treasured friends from the hundred aker wood. Yes, Piglet is a bit insecure. Yes, Eeyore is gloomy. Yes, Rabbit is rule-driven. But Pooh is a Bear of Very Little Brain and can't handle all this sigh-kologie stuff.

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger susansinclair said...

I'm with Chris--sounds like if we just medicate everyone in the 100 acre woods,life would be just fine!

On the other hand, I myself am I combination of Eeyore, Piglet, and Pooh. Which is confusing.

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Jonathan Benda said...

Well, Pooh is a bit of an exhibitionist, according to the CNN website: "Star wears red shirt, no pants to Walk of Fame ceremony"...

 
At 3:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I is a piglet for sure. No wonder that med didn't work for me. I recolect a bit of paranoia, bi-polar and possibly schitzophrenia when I was on it for a short time. Why wasn't my prescriber informed of the 100 acre wood? Al says he falls into the Owl catagory. Know it all, heirarchy type. He is still concerned for Christopher Robin. We wondered if poor Chris might be poppin some hallucinogens. (sp?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home