Wednesday, April 05, 2006

a mid-sentence writing reflection

I'm literally in the middle of a sentence a couple windows over as I draft this article on bullshit and plagiarism and I want to put this out there:

You know how when you're reading a really really good book (or essay, of course) and it hits you right there and because it hits you right there you have to stop and take a step back and breathe for a minute and relish that feeling? I think I wrote about this is my last CE article--about literally having to stop myself when I read, for example, Carolyn Steedman's Landscape for a Good Woman because it's so damn on. Well, do you ever get that feeling while writing, too? I'm totally onto something right now and because I'm completely onto it, I feel the need to step back and take a deep breath and relish the feeling of being onto something. Cuz, shit, this feeling doesn't come everyday.

And this blog entry: it's me, stepping back, relishing the feeling of being completely onto something. Cuz it's important to remember what that feels like. To remember that you've sometimes gotta stop yourself when you're in the middle of a sentence and say, yay me. (Sounds an awful lot like A-my).

1 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Blogger susansinclair said...

It's a whole cheering section: "A-mee! A-mee! A-mee!" Complete with male cheerleaders who look like Vince.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home