Thursday, March 30, 2006

one more thing about that essay and then I'll shut up

I went into class this morning with no plan. I said instead that I'm not really sure how to teach an essay that is this phenomenal, so I'm just going to wing it. Perhaps it's even an essay that cannot be taught, but that just needs to be read over and over and over again.

As many of my readers know, I have a tendency toward exaggeration. No! Little ol' me? Well, yes. Which makes it hard to express how I feel about this essay. Which makes it hard for me to say that I'm actually a little bit jealous because I know I could never write anything this good.

1 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that Strayed essay. [and isn't it nice how well the topic fits with her name?] My students are always utterly divided on how to respond.

xo,

T.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home