Sunday, April 16, 2006

Next week at this time my first book will be out

Holy macaroni.

Please note the time, folks. I am NEVER up on a Sunday before 8:30 and yet, here I am drinking my coffee and blogging after only 7 hours of sleep. I was awake at 7, but it seemed a bit pathological to get up THAT early, so I lay in bed for 1/2 hour thinking of all the things I'd do today.

Oh, and I need to add to yesterday's list of accomplishments. I also baked banana bread FROM SCRATCH and boy, it sure made a yummy breakfast today.

In other news, for your Easter entertainment, I give you a dog park funny made not by me, but by regular dog-park-attendee, Dixie, mother of Max.

In the house kittycorner from the park lives a family with a dog who never gets to come to the park and two young girls, maybe 4 and 6, one of whom is an incorrigible screecher. I don't mean yeller or screamer or even hollerer. I mean screeeeeeeecher. On Saturday mornings, there are usually many non-regulars (how dare they) and yesterday was a typical gorgeous Saturday morning. Somehow the two girls got their mom to bring them and their dog into the park. The mom was treating the place like it was a petting zoo. "Are there any other dogs you want to pet?" Um, HELL-o.

But anyway, here's the funny. The girls are both wearing dresses, they're both BAREFOOT IN A DOG PARK, and they're both clutching what looked like caramel or chocoloate lollipops in their hands.

Dixie: Barefoot with candy in a dog park. Perhaps next time we can give them scissors to run with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home