Friday, April 21, 2006

two weeks left

I'm counting not because I can't wait for it to be over but because I am ambivalent about it being over. On the one hand, I need a week's vacation. At least. And I want time to write the article that I've got all kinds of great ideas for. But I'm also gonna be so sad to see these two courses end. On Sunday afternoon, I'm meeting most of my rhetoric class at the movie theater to see Thank You for Smoking. We've been following B-N's debates about the smoking ban, and the means of persuasion in smoking debates have been an undercurrent in the class all semester, so I'm happy that the movie finally made it here in time for us to see it. It's unfortunate that we're not going on Tuesday, which is the bring-your-own-popcorn-bucket day, because I just finished cleaning my wheelbarrow.

As if I own a wheelbarrow. I can't even keep a tomato plant alive.

I love lilacs. They're just beginning to bloom and they make me smile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home