Saturday, May 13, 2006

I haven't done this since grad school

No, I'm not stalking anyone.

I actually spent most of my Saturday afternoon writing. I haven't spent a Saturday afternoon writing since the early years of grad school. Even when I was finishing up the dissertation, I usually only wrote in the mornings, and almost never on Saturday mornings.

And, on top of that, I spent my Saturday afternoon writing at home. I never write at home. I blog at home. I read at home. I plan classes at home and I grade at home. But I rarely try to write because I suffer from situated ADD while I'm here. Laundry, the dog, the phone, email, the blog, the dog again, food. All of this conspires to steal bits of my attention while I'm doing those other things: reading, blogging, grading, planning. So I always write outside the house: at school, at a coffeehouse, at Borders or Panera. But today I did it. I sat at my dining room table surrounded by all my crap and I actually got a few pages in. And I can't stop thinking about it. That's a bit of a problem. Instead of leaving all my crap out on the dining room table, I had to pack it all up and put it away even though I'll be working on it again tomorrow. Otherwise, it would literally nag me, call to me every time I walked by it.

Hurray for big pharma.

6 Comments:

At 9:50 PM, Blogger susansinclair said...

Now, wait--who did you stalk in grad school?

 
At 3:05 AM, Blogger senioritis said...

Ah, Susan, you thrill-seeker.
Aerobil: "situated ADD" is my funniest line of the week.

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger aerobil said...

It was a joke, schmoozin.

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger susansinclair said...

I was hoping it was *me*! Of course, if I didn't know you were stalking me, it sort of proves just how oblivious I am...

I came up with a fabulous new ice cream flavor last night: cookie dough & Paxil. Yum.

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Mike @ Vitia said...

There’s Dalmane, that’s for remembrance: pray, Love,

Remember: and there’s Paxil. That’s for thoughts.

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger susansinclair said...

Get thee to a pharmacy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home