Sunday, June 04, 2006

oh how that girl loves her Uncle Paul

Look at me, up and blogging at 8am.

Uncle Paul's in town, stopping by on his way to his fabulous new job in Reno, Nevada. According to Mapquest, he's still got 26 hours, 44 minutes until he reaches his destination.

Last night Belly and I were sitting outside on the porch when Uncle Paul showed up. I hadn't told Belly he was coming, so it was a complete surprise when he showed up in front of our house. Belly went nuts. Wiggling her butt like a puppy, so so happy to see her beloved Uncle Paul.

In a few minutes, we'll be off for a yummy breakfast, and then he'll be on the road again. We had a lovely visit, sitting on the porch on a PERFECT summer night, drinking beers and talking about his new job and the new life that awaits him.

Belly's been trying to convince him to stay, which isn't fair because he'd really love to take her running, but alas, he must hit the road.

A fine summer weekend, indeed.

2 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amy!! And hellooooo Paul :) Good luck at your new institution!!

 
At 6:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks to you both, and a belated thank you Amy and Annabelle (A & A) for the wonderful time I had in Bloomington/Normal, Illinois! My second visit in just three months, and a terrific time was had by all. The weather was perfect--no humidity, warm (but not hot), blue skies, and all. I would have written sooner, but I was without email for a while, and I'm actually writing this from Anchorage, where I've been visiting with Willow (white lab) and Alice (black lab/sled dog mix!) and, oh, seeing family and going to my nephew's wedding.

Tomorrow night, it's back to Reno. But what a time I had with the A Team! Thanks so much.

Paul

 

Post a Comment

<< Home