Tuesday, May 30, 2006

approximately 3000 walks later

Four years ago today I adopted my girl from the SPCA in Syracuse, NY. Uncle Paul was instrumental in picking her out as I probably would've walked right by the pathetic creature whose nose was running and covered in snot. We were in the small/medium hallway and there was Annabelle, who at the time weighed 67 pounds. I didn't want a big dog. I wanted a medium dog. But I got me the best doggie in the world. And she's not a bad swimmer.

I was so utterly clueless about what having a dog would mean. And I wanted to give her back after about a month, but Paul and Mary convinced me to give it at least a semester.

I've had her for approximately 1,460 days. I figure she's gotten at least two walks a day, sometimes more, which is how I came up with the figure in the title. Uncle Paul and Auntie Mary came on at least 750 of those walks.

This will be the first summer since I've had her that we're not moving. We're actually staying put.

My life would be so empty without this beast. She's a funny, funny girl and I love her to pieces.

2 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Blogger aerobil said...

Her name was "Besa" before I got her. I already had the name picked out before I got her--so that I could call her Belly.

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger senioritis said...

I think you should spell it "Beli."
Also, your scorecard needs to record that Gramma Becky has been on one of these walks, too. And got to watch La Belle chase a train.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home