Monday, May 15, 2006

wrist-slitting weather in May

Grumptastic. Shitterific.

Cold wet rain. For the eighth day in a row. The sun peeked out yesterday for about ten minutes, but the rest of the day was gray with spit. I'm outta here on Wednesday, thank christ, and off to Virginia, where it'll be sunny and in the 70s.

I'm guessing our game will be canceled tonight, which makes me partly sad and partly relieved cuz I can't miss the 2-hour season finale of Grey's Anatomy. Which reminds me--I. AM. HILARIOUS. Last night as I was watching the first hour of Grey's, I heard scary screaming and lots of commotion outside. I figured it was just the crazy neighbors doing god-knows-what. I thought about calling 911, but waited until the next commercial, when I looked outside to see no fewer than four cruisers with their lights flashing, glass in the street, and my next-door neighboor Jeanne talking to an officer. So, clad in my slippers and jammies, I run over to ask Jeanne what happened.

She: Didn't you hear the screaming?

Me: Yeah. I was gonna call 911 at the next commercial.

Um, don't count on me in an emergency if there's a good show on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home