Friday, May 26, 2006

know thyself

I am the biggest wimp when I'm sick. Somewhere along the way I got it in my head that I've done my fair share of suffering in this life, so I don't need to be suffering with this nuisance of a cold. It's really that: a nuisance. But I'm so damn impatient with it. Go away already.

I sheepishly asked my doctor yesterday if he wanted to give me anything for the cold. Since I was there anyway. As though I were making things more convenient for all involved. He asks me how long I've had it. Since Sunday. Okay, he says, I'll make you a deal. If you're still sick on Tuesday, give me a call and I'll prescribe antibiotics.

In other words, you have to suffer just like anyone else who gets the common cold.

Grrrrrr.

At times like this, I tell myself that it's good that I at least understand that I'm a big wimp. Worse is the big wimp who thinks she's perfectly normal.

This is what I tell myself. It helps me sleep at night while I'm hacking away.

1 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Blogger senioritis said...

Orange juice. Close those damn windows and bundle up. Aspirin, Sudafed. Sleep, sleep, sleep. Take are of yourself!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home