Monday, December 11, 2006

a newly recurring dream

I keep dreaming lately that I've accepted a job at my undergrad institution, Clark University, and I'm in search of some of the professors I had who affected me most. I can't find them, but I keep looking, and meanwhile I've got to go teach my first class, which is in a building so far away that I have to take my car and then a bus. I get there a half hour late, but the students are generous enough to have stayed and waited for me--probably because they heard I was new and they felt bad about how far away I had to traipse to get to class.

I always wake up exhausted from this dream. Last night I slept like a dead person with fourteen thousand blankets on top of me, so heavy I couldn't move.

Been feeling sad lately. Probably why I haven't been blogging as much. Nothing really to say. One bright spot was holding a newborn baby on Saturday. My friends Bill and Cherlyn had a baby girl, Brooklyn, on Dec. 7. Beautiful, beautiful girl. It's moments like those that make me want one. Just for a little while.

2 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

;(

Sorry you're feeling down. The holidays do that to some people. It will pass, but I know just what you mean about dreams that seem to carry their spooky undertones into everyday life.

Look how much you've accomplished this year--and withstood!

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and New Year. It'll be next semester before you even know it, with all its new faces and challenges.

Shoe

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger aerobil said...

Thanks, Shoe. This always happens to me at the end of the semester, it seems. I have too much time to think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home