Monday, January 01, 2007

resolved, part two

No big life-changing resolutions here, folks. Instead, I want to write this down for the record: I will never again travel ANYWHERE by plane without a sensible pair of shoes. Three years ago at MLA I ended up buying a cheap pair of sneakers after the first day because my feet were going to fall off if I didn't. This year at MLA, I mistakenly trusted the Hampton Inn's website description of its location as being half a block from the Marriott. Um, it was a bit more than that. So once again I purchased shoes, this time ones that I'll actually wear again, but still. I'm thinkin' the department's not gonna be reimbursing me for those anytime soon.

Had a lot of fun last night, but I feel like I need three days just to recover. Traveling makes me feel so old and crotchety. I'm beginning to really dislike huge crowds of people. I want order, not chaos. I am probably middle-aged by now (34 x 2= 68...).

Happy new year, my friends.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, Blogger susansinclair said...

In shoe resolutions, let me add: I will never buy heels again. Ever. I'm going to have my dress pants hemmed and I'm going to wear comfortable but pretty boots. So there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home