Tuesday, February 13, 2007

SNOW DAY!

I feel like a kid again. Well, I felt like a kid again for about 30 seconds until I immediately began planning how I'd use this gift of a day: responding to chapters, figuring out how to make up for this lost time in my classes--that kind of thing. But there will be a trek out in this blizzard, no doubt, each of us girls with our boots and our coats on.

The last time ISU closed was December 1, and that was a Friday, so it didn't affect my classes. The time before that nobody can remember. Is the weather really getting worse or are we turning into bigger and bigger wussies because of the relative rarity of this kind of weather? Syracuse always got much much worse weather than this, and it never closed once during my four years there. (It didn't even close on 9/11.) Ditto for my undergrad and master's institutions, both in Massachusetts.

I love the drama of it all. I've always loved dramatic weather. Love love love thunderstorms, especially really bad ones, and when I lived in Alaska for a year, that was something I really missed. Belly and I shall spend some quality time today watching the snow blow around, taking comfort in our warm home and lots of blankies. Too bad she can't share a cup of hot cocoa with me.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just saw a cat looking out the window at the snow in Bloomington, IL on CNN. How come your girl didn't make news with her booties? Right now we have brilliant sunshine, blue skies, and 76 degrees--but earlier we had severe thunderstorms that went through, and it's expected to drop down to 36 tomorrow night! Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours.

Shoe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home